Graduate Nurse Program
At Frankston Private Hospital the successful candidates will be offered rotations at a combination of these specialties which include Acute Medical and Surgical, Oncology Day Infusion Centre, Theatre and Recovery.
Our program is designed to provide an environment that develops the confidence and competence of the graduate nurse. We recognize that we are only as good as our staff, and this is why we pride ourselves in employing and retaining highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated people.
The Frankston Private Hospital Graduate Program is designed to open doors into the many facets of nursing care through:
- Comprehensive orientation and preceptor-ship support
- Paid study days to support and encourage growth in specialty rotations
- Our Hospitals prides themselves on its ability to help realise your potential through providing:
- Rich clinical experience
- Supported post-grad education in specialty areas and other professional development to cement and extend your knowledge
- Career advancement opportunities for motivated candidates to make their mark in the company through progression into management roles
The RN-Graduate Nurse Program offers the following:
- Partial scholarship to complete Bachelor of Nursing Clinical Honours (Transition to Practice). Australian Qualifications Framework level 8 degree.
- Transition to specialisation career pathway with further scholarship opportunities for Grad Cert, Grad Dip and Masters.
- The successful candidates will be offered rotations throughout our hospital and may include Acute Medical/Surgical, Oncology & Medical Oncology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Plastics, Theatre
- 2 rotations of General Medical/Surgical with a potential opportunity of a 3rd specialty rotation that may be related to further post graduate studies
- Extensive Orientation and Study Days
- Graduate Nurse Coordinators, Educator and Preceptor support
- Hospital Education Program
- Full time and part time options
A positive and supportive environment in which graduate nurses are encouraged to develop both clinically and professionally while gaining exposure to a variety of clinical specialities.
We have a clear direction for growth in our hospital, with facility developments and expansion of services providing staff with many opportunities to work in a state of the art facility. The many opportunities to build a rewarding career in nursing, makes now an exciting time to join Frankston Private Hospital.
We welcome applications from Registered Nurses who are approaching graduation or recently graduated within the last six months. Before you can commence work, and therefore your graduate program, you will require registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You can find out more about the registration process at www.ahpra.gov.au
General enquiries regarding the Frankston Private Hospital Graduate Nurse Program can be made to the Education Department
Phone: 03 8796 1300